Tenax Flowing Transparent
Tenax Flowing Transparent is made for granite, marble, engineered stone, quartz, quartzite, stone. This is made by polyester adhesive glue used to vertically or horizontally repair, rebuild, bond, and fill. Tenax Flowing is a liquid consistency, easy to stir and spread, and will cure shiny.
Its polishable and colors easily match the stone. It cures fast and bonds extremely strongly. Cures in lower temperatures. Not suitable for temperatures below 32°. Recommended for interior use.
Tenax Flowing is Italian-made premium liquid glue that offers many outstanding characteristics that fabricators look for in a flowing grade glue. Why Its the best liquid-flowing polyester glue to use on granite and stone?
10 Reasons Why Tenax Liquid Flowing Polyester is Best
- Fast Cure Time: Tenax Flowing Granite Glue cures in about 15-20 minutes with a workable time between 8-10 minutes in real-world shop and job site applications. That gives plenty of time to get the glue on/between the stone, clamped, and finished correctly before the cure time but sets fast enough to not waste time in the shop or in the field.
- Smooth Consistency: The creamy texture of the Tenax Flowoig Stone Glue makes it super easy to work with. Especially when adding color and hardener.
- Great Transparent Color: Tenax made the flowing stone glue with the purest polyester resin available. This gives Tenax Transparent Flowing some of the lightest and transparent polyester glue on the market. In the can it looks very light in color. When spread onto the stone, Tenax Flowing Adhesive becomes very clear and transparent.
- Easy to Color: Because Tenax Transparent is so light in color it makes it super easy to add tint to color match the stone.
- Polishes to a High Gloss: Tenax Transparent blowing polishes just like the stone does. This is extremely important when doing seams, filling cracks, chips, or doing lamination work.
- Extremely Strong Bond: Tenax, using premium resin raw materials, has produced one of the strongest polyester bonds in the stone industry. Fabricators are extremely confident that once bonded, Tenax will not fail.
- Durable for Years: Tenax Transparent Flowing is extremely durable after installation. No matter what the homeowner throws at Tenax Flowing; water, oils, chemicals, etc, it will stand strong and be as durable as the stone for years to come.
- Produced more than 50 Years: Tenax has been producing polyester adhesive glues for granite and stone of over 50 years. The successful track record of use and applications have made Tenax a worldwide known company for its quality, consistency in every can, and its long durability.
- 10%-25% More Glue in the Can: Tenax 1 Liter cans are sold by volume of 1 Liter cans of glue. Not weight. Not Quart. That means you get 1000 ML of glue per each 1 liter can of glue. How does that stack up against Tenax competitors? check their label and you will very clearly see. Some sell quarts with 750ml of glue. Some sell 900ml of glue. BUT none of them sell 1000ml of glue. What does that mean for you the fabricator? That means you are getting 10%-25% more glue per can with Tenax. Don’t believe it? Look at labels and compare yourself. Even more, take a Tenax 1 Liter can and place it side by side to one of Tenax competitor cans. The difference is very clear!
- Great for Rodding: Tenax Transparent Flowing is one of the best flowing glues for rodding granite, marble, stone. Weha Carbon Fiberglass Rodding, White Fiberglass Rodding, Plastic Rodding, and Steel Rodding can all be used with the Tenax Flowing to achieve an extremely strong bond to drastically strengthen the countertop for transport and installation. Tenax Transparent Flowing is a high-quality polyester mastic used to horizontally repair, rebuild, bond, and fill. Flowing will cure shiny, is very polishable and colors easily to match the stone. It cures fast and bonds extremely strongly. Cures in lower temperatures. Excellent for rodding reinforcement on a countertop. Not suitable for temperatures below 32°. Recommended for interior use.
You might also want to check the extensive line of Tenax Adhesives.
Instructions for use
Make sure the surface to be treated is dry, clean, and free of dust. If coloring, add the coloring paste to the resin before mixing it with the catalyst. An excess of coloring paste may affect the final product so use caution. The mixing ratio of resin to catalyst is 100:2 – 3 (see chart below). Stir vigorously and apply. Do not place unused products back in the can. Make sure the cans are sealed tightly after use.
Technical Information for Tenax Flowing Transparent
|Viscosity cps 77° 20 r.p.m.(ASTM D2196)||1500-2000 cps|
|Density at 77° gr/cm 3||1.1|
|Ratio of use glue/hardener||100+2/3|
|Gel time (in bulk) at 77° in min||6-8 min|
|Tacky free in thin layer at 77° in min||Approximately 25 min|
|Working time suggested at 77° in min||Approximately 60-80 minutes|
|Minimum reaction temperature||32°|
|Minimum temperature of use after hardening||32°|
|Maximum temperature of use after hardening||+230°|
|Shelf life at 77°||6 months|
|Tensile Test ASTM D638|
|Ultimate tensile stress MPa||50|
|Flexion Test ASTM D790|
|Breaking Load MPa||110|
|Tensile Test ASTM D 4541|
|Adhesion force at 77° on botticino polished after 2 hours||3.5|
|Adhesion force at 77° on botticino polished after 24 hours||9.0|
Keep away from heat, humidity, and sun. The product will last at least 6 months if kept between 65° – 77°.
Please read the safety data sheet before using it.
Safety Data Sheet: