Makita 9″ Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch GA9031Y Highlights
POWER: : 15 AMP motor delivers 6,600 RPM
APPLICATIONS: : Push button rotatable rear handle turns 90 degrees to either left or right
COMFORT: : Three position vibration absorbing side handle
DURABILITY: : Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
INCLUDES: : “‘Tool-less” wheel guard, side handle, inner flange, lock-nut and wrench
About Makita 9″ Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch GA9031Y…
Makita’s 9-Inch Angle Grinder (model GA9031) combines 15 AMP power with ease-of-use and motor protection features for longer-lasting performance in industrial and commercial environments.
15 AMP Motor Delivers 6,600 RPM
The GA9031Y is powered by a 15 AMP motor that delivers 6,600 RPM for faster stock removal. The labyrinth construction minimizes dust and debris penetration into the motor and bearings for longer tool life. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation, and wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent metal shards from entering the motor. The armature is supported by dual ball bearings and reinforced with a nylon retainer for improved durability.
The GA9031Y weighs only 14 lbs. and is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. The grinder features an ergonomic rubberized handle engineered for lower vibration and can be installed on either side of the tool. The push-button rotatable rear handle has positive stops and can be positioned every 90 degrees for operator convenience. Additional convenience features include a “‘tool-less” wheel cover for easy guard adjustment, and externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability.
The GA9031Y is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications and is ideal for masons, welders, ship yard workers, automotive technicians, stone/tile work, HVAC, electricians, and general contractors for a range of industrial grinding applications.
Makita 9″ Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch GA9031Y Features
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 6,600 RPM for faster material removal
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Labyrinth construction prevents debris from penetrating the motor, bearings and gears for longer tool life
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor especially when used in close proximity to other grinders
- Three position vibration absorbing side handle for increased comfort
- Rotatable back handle for increased comfort in various applications
- Large rubber tool rest to help protect tool and surfaces from damage
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- “Tool-less” wheel guard for more convenient adjustments
- Externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability
Makita 9″ Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch GA9031Y includes:
Makita 9″ Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch GA9031Y Specifications
|No Load Speed||6,600 RPM|
|Spindle Thread||5/8″ – 11 UNC|
|Grinder Switch Type||Rear trigger switch|
|Net Weight||14 lbs.|
|Variable speed control dial||No|
|Shipping Weight||18 lbs.|