Makita 18V Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Kit XWT05 Highlights
POWER: : Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 170 ft.lbs. of Max Torque
COMFORT: : Weighs only 3.8 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
PERFORMANCE: : 0-2,100 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM for a wide range of fastening applications
CONVENIENCE: : Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
INCLUDES: : Includes – (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, rapid charger and tool bag
About Makita 18V Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Kit XWT05…
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench (model XWT05) delivers cordless impact power with a 1/2″ square drive that will fit impact-rated socket sets. The versatile XWT05 packs plenty of torque for a wide range of fastening and loosening tasks, yet it weighs only 3.8 lbs. (with battery) and is a cordless option to air-powered impact tools.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XWT05 features a Makita-built 4-pole motor that delivers 170 ft.lbs. of Max Torque, 0-2,100 RPM’s, and 0-3,200 impacts per minute for a wide range of fastening tasks. Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power.
The XWT05 weighs only 3.8 lbs. (with battery) with a more compact design at 6-1/2″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. It is equipped with a phosphorescent bumper ring for quick location in dark spaces, a built-in L.E.D. light to illuminate the work surface for more efficient work, and a 1/2″ square drive with detent pin for quick release.
The XWT05 is a cordless option to air-powered tools for a range of fastening and loosening tasks. This impact wrench’s compact design with less weight makes it perfect for assembly applications, fabrication trades, installation, automotive, and any pro tradesman that requires a best in class engineered impact wrench. The XWT05 is especially suited for fastening concrete anchors, as well as for the elevator industry.
Makita 18V Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Kit XWT05 Features
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 170 ft.lbs. of Max Torque
- 0-2,100 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM for a wide range of fastening applications
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-1/2″ long
- Weighs only 3.8 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
The LXT Advantage
Makita 18V Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Kit XWT05 includes:
(1) 18V LXT 1/2″ Impact Wrench (XWT05Z)
(2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Battery (BL1830)
(1) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Tool Bag
Makita 18V Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Kit XWT05 Specifications
|No Load Speed (variable speed)||0 – 2,100 RPM|
|Impacts Per Minute (variable speed)||0 – 3,200 IPM|
|Maximum Torque (ft.lbs./Nm)||170 ft.lbs./230 Nm|
|Battery||18V LXT Lithium-Ion|
|Net Weight (with battery)||3.8 lbs.|
|Speed power selection||1|
|Shipping Weight||11.15 lbs.|
Makita 18V Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Kit XWT05 Resources
Makita DC18RC Instruction Manual
XWT05Z Instruction Manual
XWT05Z Parts Breakdown