Makita 18V Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver – Tool Only XDT01Z Highlights
PERFORMANCE: : Efficient BL Brushless Motor delivers up to 50% longer run time per charge
VERSATILITY: : 3-speed power selection switch (0-2,600 RPM & 0-3,400 IPM) for precision fastening control
COMFORT: : Weighs only 2.8 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
CONVENIENCE: : Battery warning light flashes when it is time to recharge the battery
INCLUDES: : Includes tool only (battery and charger not included)
About Makita 18V Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver – Tool Only XDT01Z…
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Motor Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver (model XDT01Z, tool only) combines longer run-time with more torque and 3-speed power selection for maximum versatility and performance. The XDT01Z is engineered with a Makita BL Brushless Motor for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. In addition, the 3-speed power setting offers precise fastening control for a wide range of tasks from cabinet screws and deck screws to lag bolts, and much more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XDT01Z features a Makita-built high torque BL Brushless Motor that delivers up to 1,460 in. lbs. of Max Torque. Makita’s BL Brushless Motor is electronically-controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge.
The variable 3-speed power selection switch has soft, medium and hard settings that deliver 0-1,300/0-2,000/0-2,600 RPM, 0-1,300/0-2,800/0-3,400 IPM, and 200/490/1,460 in.lbs. of Max Torque for a wide range of fastening tasks, from cabinet screws to lag bolts and more. Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XDT01Z weighs only 3.3 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 5-1/2″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. Additional features include an electric brake for increased efficiency, a phosphorescent bumper ring for quick location in dark spaces, a built-in L.E.D. light to illuminate the work surface for more efficient work, and a convenient “‘one-touch” chuck for simple bit insertion. In addition, the battery warning light and built-in L.E.D. light both flash when it is time to recharge the battery.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
Impact drivers are gaining broader acceptance on jobsites for a wide range of driving and fastening tasks, and the XDT01Z has the added flexibility of variable 3-speed power selection with up to 50% longer run time. The XDT01Z is engineered for fastening deck screws, TEK screws, cabinet screws, tightening down lag bolts, and much more. It is ideal for HVAC, electricians, plumbers, automotive mechanics, woodworkers, remodelers, and any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless impact driver.
Makita 18V Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver – Tool Only XDT01Z Features
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- BL Brushless Motor delivers 1,460 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-1/2″ long
- Weighs only 2.8 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,300 / 0-2,000 / 0-2,600 RPM & 0-1,300 / 0-2,800 / 0-3,400 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Battery warning light and built-in L.E.D. light both flash when it is time to recharge the battery (battery and charger sold separately)
- Convenient one-touch 1/4″ hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the work area
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Watch Makita 18V Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver – Tool Only XDT01Z in Action
Makita 18V Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver – Tool Only XDT01Z Specifications
|No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.)||0 – 1,300 / 0 – 2,000 / 0 – 2,600 RPM|
|Impacts Per Minute (var. 3 spd.)||0 – 1,300 / 0 – 2,800 / 0 – 3,400 IPM|
|Maximum Torque (in.lbs./Nm)||1,460 in.lbs./165Nm|
|Battery||18V LXT Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Charge Time (minutes)||30|
|Net Weight||2.8 lbs.|
|Maximum Torque (in.lbs.)||1,460 in.lbs.|
|Max. no load speed||2,600 RPM|
|Speed power selection||3|
|Shipping Weight||2.6 lbs.|