Makita 18V Cordless 18 Gauge Straight Shear – Tool Only XSJ01Z Highlights
SPEED: : Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 3,000 strokes per minute
VERSATILITY: : Cuts up to 18 gauge mild steel and 20 gauge stainless steel
COMFORT: : Weighs only 5.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
CONTROL: : Swivel shear head rotates 360° for increased cutting options and added convenience
INCLUDES: : Includes tool only (battery and charger not included)
About Makita 18V Cordless 18 Gauge Straight Shear – Tool Only XSJ01Z…
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 18 Gauge Straight Shear (model XSJ01Z, tool only) combines high speed, compact size and less weight. The XSJ01Z has a Makita-built 4-pole motor for faster cutting, yet it weighs just 5.3 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) for better control in cutting steel and stainless steel sheet metal.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XSJ01Z features a Makita-built 4-pole motor that delivers 2,800 strokes per minute (SPM) for faster cutting. The tough double-cut shear design handles up to 18 gauge mild steel and 20 gauge stainless steel for straight or scribe cuts without deforming the material. The swivel shear head rotates 360 degrees for increased cutting options.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XSJ01Z weighs just 5.3 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 13-3/4″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The deep reversible belt-clip attaches to either side for secure attachment to tool belts, and the wrench for head adjustment stows away under the handle for added convenience. The XSJ01Z is also equipped with a lock-off switch that immobilizes the trigger for storage or transport.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XSJ01Z is a powerful yet compact metal shear built for any professional user seeking a best-in-class compact cordless metal shear for metalworking tasks.
Makita 18V Cordless 18 Gauge Straight Shear – Tool Only XSJ01Z Features
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 3,000 strokes per minute for faster cutting
- Cuts up to 18 gauge mild steel and 20 gauge stainless steel
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 13-3/4″ long
- Weighs only 5.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Reversible belt clip attaches to either side of the tool
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Swivel shear head rotates 360° for increased cutting options and added convenience
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
The LXT Advantage
Makita 18V Cordless 18 Gauge Straight Shear – Tool Only XSJ01Z Specifications
|Capacity (mild steel, ga.)||18 ga.|
|Capacity (stainless, ga.)||20 ga.|
|Strokes Per Minute||3,000 SPM|
|Battery||18V LXT Lithium-Ion|
|Net Weight||5.3 lbs.|
|360° rotating head||Yes|
|Shipping Weight||4.4 lbs.|