Makita 18V Cordless Recipro Saw Kit XRJ02 Highlights
SPEED: : Faster cutting with 0-2,900 SPM (1-1/8″ stroke)
CONVENIENCE: : “Tool-less” blade change and shoe adjustments plus tool hook and L.E.D. light
COMFORT: : Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
COMFORT: : Weighs only 8.2 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
INCLUDES: : XRJ02 Includes – (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, rapid charger and tool case
About Makita 18V Cordless Recipro Saw Kit XRJ02…
Makita’s 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw (model XRJ02) delivers faster cutting and demolition performance to the jobsite. The XRJ02 has a high-torque motor with a 1-1/8″ stroke that is engineered for a range of cutting and demolition tasks. The LXT Lithium-Ion Battery makes this reciprocating saw perfect for remote use, where running a cord is not an option.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XRJ02 features a Makita-built high torque motor with a 1-1/8″ stroke that cuts 0-2,900 strokes per minute (SPM) for faster cutting. The XRJ02 has a maximum cutting depth of 5-1/8″ for pipe, and 10″ into wood (using a 12″ blade). Productivity features includes an electric brake and a “‘tool-less” blade change.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XRJ02 weighs just 8.2 lbs. with a more compact design at 19-5/8″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. In addition, the XRJ02 has a built-in L.E.D. light to illuminate the work area and a retractable hook so the tool remains close by but never in the way.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XRJ02 is engineered for the pro that wants more features and is perfect for a range of applications including plumbing, flooring, electrical, demolition, and for general contractors who require a best in class engineered cordless reciprocating saw.
Makita 18V Cordless Recipro Saw Kit XRJ02 Features
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,900 strokes per minute and a 1-1/8″ stroke length for faster cutting
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 19-5/8″ long
- Weighs only 8.2 lbs.with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- “Tool-less” blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Two built-in L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
The LXT Advantage
Makita 18V Cordless Recipro Saw Kit XRJ02 includes:
(1) 18V LXT Recipro Saw (XRJ02Z)
(2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Battery (BL1830)
(1) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) 6″ 6TPI Recipro Saw Blade (723054-A-1)
(1) Tool Case
Makita 18V Cordless Recipro Saw Kit XRJ02 Specifications
|Length of Stroke
|Max. Cutting Capacity (pipe)
|Max. Cutting Capacity (wood w/ 12″ blade)
|Strokes Per Minute (variable speed)
|0 – 2,900 SPM
|18V LXT Lithium-Ion
|Net Weight (with battery)
|Variable speed control dial