Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit XDT042 Highlights
POWER: : Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 1,420 in.lbs. of Max Torque
COMFORT: : Compact design at only 5-7/16” long
PERFORMANCE: : Variable speed (0-2,300 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
CONVENIENCE: : Built-in L.E.D. light with afterglow function and one-touch 1/4” hex chuck for quick bit changes
INCLUDES: : XDT042 Includes – (1) 18V 3.0Ah LXT Lithium-Ion battery, rapid charger and tool case
About Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit XDT042…
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver (model XDT042) delivers power and speed in a compact size for a full range of driving and fastening tasks.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XDT042 features a Makita-built 4-pole motor with variable speed (0-2,300 RPM and 0-3,200 IPM) that delivers 1,420 in.lbs. of Max Torque. At only 5-7/16″ long and 3.3 pounds (with battery), the XDT042 has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight for reduced operator fatigue, and a rubberized soft grip for increased comfort on the job. The built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the job area for applications in dark spaces and close quarters.
Makita’s entire line-up of impact drivers including the XDT042 is engineered with a proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism that is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel, as well as a unique heat-hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power.
The XDT042 is engineered for a wide range of driving and fastening applications. The combination of power and performance in a compact size makes the XDT042 ideal for any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered compact cordless impact driver.
Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit XDT042 Features
- Variable speed (0-2,300 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- Compact design at only 5-7/16″ long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Convenient one-touch 1/4″ hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 1,420 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure
- Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Watch Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit XDT042 in Action
Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit XDT042 includes:
(1) 18V LXT Impact Driver (XDT04Z)
(1) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Battery (BL1830)
(1) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Tool Case
Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit XDT042 Specifications
|No Load Speed (variable speed)||0 – 2,300 RPM|
|Impacts Per Minute (variable speed)||0 – 3,200 IPM|
|Maximum Torque (in.lbs./Nm)||1,420 in.lbs./160Nm|
|Battery||18V LXT Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Charge Time (minutes)||30|
|Net Weight (with battery)||3.3 lbs.|
|Maximum Torque (in.lbs.)||1,420 in.lbs.|
|Max. no load speed||2,300 RPM|
|Speed power selection||1|
|Shipping Weight||9 lbs.|