Makita 18V Cordless 4-1/2″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder – Tool Only XAG01Z Highlights
SPEED: : Makita-built motor delivers 10,000 RPM for faster grinding
CONTROL: : Built-in L.E.D. protection circuit with over-torque control protects the motor
COMFORT: : Weighs only 5.0 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
CONVENIENCE: : Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
INCLUDES: : Includes tool only (battery and charger not included)
About Makita 18V Cordless 4-1/2″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder – Tool Only XAG01Z…
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 4-1/2″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (model XAG01Z, tool only) delivers 10,000 RPM of compact grinding power to the jobsite. The XAG01Z is engineered to grind, cut, and sand a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XAG01Z features a Makita-built high torque motor that delivers 10,000 RPM, as well as an all-metal helical gear transmission which is longer lasting and delivers a more efficient transmission of energy when compared to angled gears. The XAG01Z also has a built-in electronic control circuit with L.E.D. warning lights for overload protection, and an electronic current limiter that automatically shuts off the current when the motor continues to be overloaded. This feature protects the motor for longer tool life.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XAG01Z weighs only 5.0 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at only 12-1/2″ long. The ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and even control and the built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work surface for more efficient work.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XAG01Z will grind, cut, and sand through a range of materials including tile, concrete, all-thread, Unistrut, pipe, channel iron, copper pipe, tubing, and more. It is ideal for tile setters, masons, welders, electricians, pipe fitters, sprinkler installers, HVAC, plumbers and any general contractor seeking a best-in-class engineered cordless cut-off/angle grinder.
Makita 18V Cordless 4-1/2″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder – Tool Only XAG01Z Features
- Makita-built motor delivers 10,000 RPM for faster grinding
- Built-in L.E.D. protection circuit with over-torque control protects the motor
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 12-1/2″ long
- Weighs 5.0 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
The LXT Advantage
Makita 18V Cordless 4-1/2″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder – Tool Only XAG01Z includes:
(1) 4-1/2″ Grinding Wheel (A-95956)
(1) 4-1/2″ Cut-off Wheel (724115-A)
(1) 4-1/2″ Wheel Guard (125273-5)
(1) 4-1/2″ Cut-Off Wheel Guard (135103-2)
Makita 18V Cordless 4-1/2″ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder – Tool Only XAG01Z Specifications
|Wire Cup Brush||3-1/2″|
|No Load Speed||10,000 RPM|
|Battery||18V LXT Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Charge Time (minutes)||30|
|Spindle Thread||5/8″ – 11 UNC|
|Net Weight||5 lbs.|
|Variable speed control dial||No|
|Shipping Weight||6 lbs.|