Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1216L Highlights
CAPACITY: : 8″ crown molding (vertically nested) and 6-1/2″, baseboard (vertical) and 15″ crosscut at 90º
ACCURACY: : Exclusive 6 linear ball bearings and 4-steel rail system deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts
VERSATILITY: : 5-1/2″ Tall fence system features upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise cuts
DURABILITY: : Powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance than belt driven saws
INCLUDES: : Blade, dust bag, vertical clamp, wrench and triangle
About Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1216L…
The Makita LS1216L 12″ dual slide miter saw delivers the largest crosscutting and crown cutting capacity in its class. It has a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System that further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts, and an exclusive 6 linear ball bearing design for smooth, adjustment-free, “‘dead-on” accurate cuts. Another key point of difference is the direct drive motor with soft start, which delivers smoother start-ups and constant power, with no belts to slip or replace. The LS1216L is ideal for benchtop and jobsite use, as well as high-production/manufacturing settings.
Large Cutting Capacity, Increased Accuracy
The LS1216L will crosscut wide boards up to 15″ wide at 90°, right out of the box with no special set up required. It has an innovative direct drive gearbox and patented retractable guard system engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity and the largest crown molding cutting capacity (8″ vertically nested) in its class. The patented retractable rear guard also provides the LS1216L with 6-1/2″ baseboard cutting capacity (vertical). In addition, the exclusive 6 linear ball bearings deliver smooth, solid and adjustment-free “‘dead-on” accurate cuts. The saw also has a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System that further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts, as the four steel rails provide less deflection. The result is a larger cutting capacity and more accuracy.
Precise Miter and Bevel Cuts
The LS1216L has an exclusive 5-1/2″ tall sliding fence system, with four sliding fences featuring upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise miter and bevel cuts to accommodate a variety of cutting applications. The saw miters 0° to 52° left and 0 to 60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (left and right). The dual rear-handle bevel lock is easily accessible with adjustments 0° to 45° (left and right), with positive stops at 0°, 22.5°, 33.9°, and 45° (left and right).
Precision adjustments are made easier with dual front bevel scales for improved visibility. The easy one-touch (push in & turn) miter lock system is designed for accurate adjustments and increased efficiency. For more precise cuts, a built-in laser indicates the line of cut whether the blade is turning or not, and also includes an on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise “‘left-of-blade” or “‘right-of-blade” cutting.
In addition to the large cutting capacity, power, and accuracy, the LS1216L offers a range of convenience and ease-of-use features. The LS1216L has a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System that requires less rear space than competitor dual sliding miter saws. The see-through blade guard system provides greater visibility of blade and line of cut, and has a one-step blade change process for increased efficiency. The ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design has a better fit and added comfort, and the large trigger switch is designed for easier operation.
15 AMP Power for Smoother, Higher-Quality Cutting
The LS1216L has a 15 AMP direct gear box motor that never slips, bogs down, or requires maintenance like belt-driven saws. The soft start feature delivers smoother start-ups, and the Electronic Speed Control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
Best in Class for a Range of Applications
The LS1216L is engineered for precision tasks in woodworking shops as well as for cutting large materials like 4×16 beams and wide boards up to 15″. It is ideal for a broad range of trades, including finish carpenters, professional woodworkers, case and base installers, cabinet installers, cabinet manufacturers, closet installers, decking and flooring applications, siding installers, stair installers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 12″ dual slide compound miter saw for the jobsite, benchtop, or high-production/manufacturing setting.
Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1216L Features
- Compact design with a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Exclusive 6 linear ball bearings engineered to deliver smooth, solid, and adjustment-free “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Exclusive 5-1/2″ tall dual sliding fence system features versatile upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Independent laser indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not, with on/off switch and micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- Large cutting capacity for up to 8″ crown molding (nested), 6-1/2″ baseboard (vertical), and 15″ crosscut at 90°
- Patented retractable rear guard and triple gear system for increased vertical cutting capacity
- Miters 0°-52° left and 0°-60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6° and 45° (left and right)
- Bevels 0°-45° (left and right) with positive stops at 0°, 22.5°, 33.9° and 45° (left and right)
- Dual rear-handle bevel lock is easily accessible, with front and top facing scales for more precise bevel adjustments
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher quality cutting
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Easy one-touch miter lock for accurate adjustments and increased efficiency
- Replaceable stainless steel miter scale features easy-to-read markings
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design with oversized trigger switch for better fit and added comfort
- Large precision machined aluminum base supports material for more efficient cutting
- Double-jointed vertical vise can be installed on either the left or right side of the base for more versatile positioning
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of the line of cut
- Rubberized feet help tool remain stationary
- Large adjustable levers for fast and easy fence adjustments
- Fully enclosed bottom throat plate for a cleaner work surface
Watch Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1216L in Action
Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1216L includes:
(1) 12″ x 1″ 60T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade (A-93712)
(1) Vertical Vise (122854-6)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
(1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
(1) Blade Wrench (783208-8)
(1) Socket Wrench (782232-8)
Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1216L Specifications
|Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°)||3-5/8″ x 15″|
|Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R)||3-5/8″ x 10-1/2″|
|No Load Speed||3,200 RPM|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||31-3/4″ x 25-1/4″ x 28-3/8″|
|Net Weight||58.6 lbs.|
|90° crosscut capacity||15″|
|90° thickness capacity||3-5/8″|
|Bench & Stationary Tool Type||Dual slide compound miter saw|
|Shipping Weight||74 lbs.|