Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery – 2/pk BL1840B-2 Highlights
EFFICIENCY: : Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
INNOVATION: : Reaches full charge in 40 minutes or less
PERFORMANCE: : Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
CONVENIENCE: : Compatible only with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion tools with Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receivers
INCLUDES: : 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery, 2/pk
About Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery – 2/pk BL1840B-2…
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 4.0Ah battery, model BL1840B, combines more run time (35% more run time per charge than the Makita BL1830 battery) with a category-leading charge time of only 40 minutes so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For added convenience, it also features an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator to monitor battery charge.
The 18V LXT 4.0Ah battery is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool.
Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created STAR Protection Computer Controls. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Makita, the innovation leader in cordless tool technology, has the world’s cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V lithium-ion slide-style battery.
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery – 2/pk BL1840B-2 Features
- Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- Reaches full charge in 40 minutes or less
- Compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
- Sixteen contact terminals maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage
- Makita 18V Lithium-Ion is the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (charger not included)
- 3-year limited warranty
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery – 2/pk BL1840B-2 includes:
(2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL1840B)
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery – 2/pk BL1840B-2 Specifications
|Shipping Weight||2.95 lbs.|