DAP Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk
DAP Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk is an excellent quality, all purpose caulk for sealing a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces. It contains silicone additives for greater flexibility and adhesion and shrinks less for a durable waterproof seal, is paintable with latex or oil-based paints. It won’t shine through or discolor paint finish for superior paint results. It is easy to apply and tool, low in odor and cleans up easily with water.
Among the main features of the DAP Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk we find:
- Latex and silicone formulation accommodates seasonal expansion and contraction
- Can be used inside or outdoors on a variety of surfaces
- Can be painted or stained
- Mold- and mildew resistant
- Permanently flexible
- Applies easily with a standard caulking gun
- Cleans easily with soap and water
- Exceeds ASTM C 834
Where To Use:
- Wood – painted & unpainted, drywall & plaster
- Aluminum, Metal
- Brick, stone, concrete & masonry
- Vinyl & Most plastics
To Get the Best Out of the DAP Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk:
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of all old caulk, dirt, dust, grease and debris
- Fill gap or joint with caulk, pushing caulk ahead of nozzle
- If necessary, tool or smooth the bead of caulk with a finishing tool and clean up excess
- Allow caulk to dry at least 30 minutes (longer in cool or humid conditions) before painting with latex or oil-based paints, for the clear version of this product allow caulk to dry clear before painting, this may take from 7 to 14 days.
- Apply in temperatures above 40ºF.
- Cold weather and high humidity will slow down cure time
- Do not use below waterline, for filling butt joints, surface defects or tuck-pointing
- Joint size should not exceed 1/2” wide x1/2” deep. If joint depth exceeds 1/2″, use backer rod material
There are no reviews yet.