DAP Alex Painter’s Caulk White
DAP Alex Painter’s Caulk White All-Purpose Acrylic Latex Caulk is ideal for sealing and caulking window and door frames and trim prior to painting with latex or oil-based paint, it ensures a durable seal to prevent air and moisture from passing through cracks and joints. It adheres to most common building materials to ensure a durable seal in indoor or outdoor environments.
Among the main features of the DAP Alex Painter’s Caulk White we find:
- It applies smoothly and easily
- Permanently flexible
- 100% waterproof
- Outstanding adhesion
- 25 Year Durability Crack proof
- Easy water clean-up
- Low in odor and VOC content
Where to use:
- Windows, Door frames, Baseboards, Moldings, Corner joints, Painted surfaces, Siding and trim
- Most common building materials
To Get the best Out of DAP Alex Painter’s Caulk White:
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of all old caulk, dirt, dust, grease and debris
- Cut nozzle at 45º angle to desired bead size
- Load into caulk gun
- Fill gap or joint with caulk, pushing caulk ahead of nozzle
- If necessary, tool or smooth the bead of caulk with a finishing tool for a neat finish
- Clean up excess uncured caulk with a damp sponge before it skins over. Cured caulk must be cut or scraped away
- Allow caulk to dry 2 hours (longer in cool or humid conditions) before painting with latex or oil-based paints
- Apply in temperatures above 40ºF. Do not apply when rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted before full cure can occur.
- Do not use below waterline, for filling butt joints, surface defects or tuck-pointing
- Joint size should not exceed 3/8” wide x 3/8” deep. If joint depth exceeds 3/8″, use backer rod material.
- Store caulk away from extreme heat or cold.